Let’s take you on a ride of the top stories that was trending on the web yesterday.
1. EFCC arrests governorship candidate agent with bags of cash (Video)
Mr Jime was intercepted by operatives of the anti-graft agency, EFCC, for alleged vote-buying. The incident occurred around a polling unit in North Bank area of Makurdi, the state capital.
2. Youth corper beaten up in Mushin over INEC payment (PHOTOS)
In a series of photos and videos posted on Twitter, the corp member identified as Ikuomola Akerele was seen struggling with a crowd while his uniform dripped of blood.
3. More details emerge on Rep member, Olatoye Sugar, who was killed in Ibadan
He died after sustaining wounds in his eyes following a shooting by political thugs on Saturday evening at a collation centre in Elesu, Lagelu Local Government Area.
4. Fadeyi Oloro discharged from hospital
The actor who was admitted to Orile Agege General Hospital, Lagos on March 3 following complaints of an undisclosed ailment was discharged on Friday.
5. Desmond Elliot re-elected
Elliot polled 15,357 votes to defeat PDP candidate, Benjamin Olasunkanmi who gained only 3,628 votes.
6. Pastor Joshua Iginla’s estranged wife, Yemisi, breaks her silence, exposes dirty secrets
Now his estranged wife, Yemisi, has broken her silence. In an interview with Freeze, Yemisi denied having extramarital affairs with anybody while they were married. She swore that all the three children they have are all his.
7. After Temitope Olaoye ‘Sugar’, another person shot dead in Ibadan
The victim was reportedly killed by a bullet from the rifle of a police officer in Ile Tutun, Ibadan South East Local Government Area.
8. KwaraDecides2019: APC’s Abdulrazaq wins all 16 LGs
Abdulrazaq was declared the winner of the poll by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC after the collation of results from all the local government areas of the state.
9. Newly elected lawmaker dies after winning Plateau election
Mr Bashir Sati, the Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state confirmed the lawmaker’s death to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Sunday in Jos.
10. Lagos governorship election: Jimi Agbaje calls Sanwo-Olu to concede defeat
Babajide Sanwo-olu, the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate for Lagos state, has confirmed that his major opponent, Jimi Agbaje of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has called him to concede defeat.