Good morning fam!
In case you missed it, here is today’s summary of the major headlines that trended on Kemi Filani News yesterday:
1. The Federal Government on Monday reached an agreement with members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU).
The Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, who this known after the meeting with the union in Abuja, said the majority of their demands have been met including the release of N15.4 billion for payment of salary shortfalls.
Soldiers in the West African country said they launched a coup to restore democracy after taking control of the national radio station in the early hours of Monday to read a short statement announcing a “National Restoration Council”.
3. Rotimi Amaechi, the Minister of Transportation, has been inaugurated into the Presidential Campaign Council of President Muhammadu Buhari in Abuja on Monday.
5. Aisha Buhari under fire for asking Nigerians to give her husband a second chance. She was challenged by former Ekiti Governor, Fayose.
He asked her to explain to Nigerians what had happened to the cabal she alleged had hijacked her husband’s government.
6. Pastor Oritsejafor, the former CAN President and Senior Pastor of Word of Life Bible Church, located in Warri, Nigeria, reportedly asked 90 members of Morris Cerullo’s church in the United States to pay $5,000 for the mantle. According to him, they won’t miss God if they do.
7. The Nigeria Police Force gave an update on the health condition of the lawmaker representing Kogi West in the National Assembly, Senator Dino Melaye.
The Assistant Inspector General of Police, Medical, Mr Kaomi Ahmadu, speaking to reporters at the Police Hospital, Garki in Abuja, said Melaye was in good health but that the minister was refusing to leave the hospital.
Yinka Ayefele shared a photo of the music house which was rebuilt by the Oyo State Governor and thanked Governor Ajimobi.
9. World Bank Group President, Jim Yong Kim, is set to resign effective from Feb. 1, two years after being re-elected as president of the bank.
59-year-old Jim Yong Kim will be retiring more than three years ahead of the expiration of his term in 2022.
10. Lionheart, a movie by Nollywood actress Genevieve Nnaji has been spotted getting sold for N150 in Lagos traffic. This is just barely days after the movie debuted as the first Nigerian movie on Netflix.