It is no longer news that the National Youth Service Corps has canceled the service year of popular musician, David Adeleke aka Davido, over his activities during his service year.
Nigerians have steadily followed the progress from his end, ever since news broke of the Nigerian singer going for the one-year mandatory National Youth Service Corps program.
It was only at the beginning of the program earlier this year, we got to see the singer participate in the program as he made sure to show it on his social media page.
Davido violated NYSC by-laws by…
- Bringing vehicles into the orientation camp
- Dereliction of camp activities
- Disclosing official information
- Engaging in private practice
- Taking part in partisan politics
- Reporting late to duty
- Possibly leaving orientation camp without a prior written permission of the state coordinator
His frequent traveling was also a contributing factor. Punch reported that he traveled to seven different countries during this time. Boston, Massachusetts, Philadelphia, New York, Washington DC, Georgia, Minnesota, London, Sao Tome, Accra, Mayotte, Lebanon, UAE, among others.
The NYSC Director of Information, Adenike Adeyemi, however, did not say what punishment had been meted out to Davido who has broken several NYSC bye-laws.