The rumour making the rounds about the Ooni getting a new
wife after his marriage to former Olori Wuraola Zainab Otiti crashed
last month has been debunked.
The supposed new Olori, Bolanle Emmanuella Ropo, as well as
palace sources have tagged the story as mere rumour. Though, it was
initially reported that the Ooni would unveil his new Olori in the just
concluded Olojo festival, nothing of such ever happened.
Ever since the photo of Ooni shot side by side with Emmanuella
Ropo surfaced, reactions have trailed the perceived romantic involvement
linking the two. However, Encomium.ng brings you quick facts about the
fake news of Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi and Emmanuella Ropo.
1. The photo making rounds the media is said to be just a privilege
shot by itinerant photographers and has nothing to do with any
2. Another report has it that the Oonirisa had stepped out with Ropo to an high society event where the picture was taken.
3. Palace sources have said that it is a taboo for Ooni to marry a single mother.
4. Palace sources also revealed that whoever is to be an Olori in Ife
Kingdom must be a woman with no string of motherhood attached.
5. Emmanuella Ropo was reportedly married twice.
6. She was first married to Joshua Adewale, an oil dealer with whom she had her first and second children, both girls.
7. She later married an Abuja-based estate agent, simply known as
Femi, who later moved in with her at her Anthony Enahoro estate
residence in Ogba area of Ikeja, Lagos state. She had a son with him,
8. She had also been linked to the Abeokuta-based Fuji musician, Sefiu Alao Adekunle whose wife died in December.
9. She had also been linked to a senior customs officer as well as one Engr. Toye who is said to be Ooni’s friend.
10. She hails from Abeokuta, Ogun state.
11. Ropo reportedly runs a kids related boutique and fun shop.
12. Report has it that the genuine new Olori of the Oonirisa would be unveiled in no distance a time.