Olanike Disu, former director at Lagos Internal Revenue Service, died
on Monday, September 4, after celebrating her 54th birthday on Sunday,
September 3, 2017. She died suddenly at a private hospital after
complaining that she’s not feeling too well.
Here are details about the adored woman and events in her final days as compiled by encomium.ng…
- Olanike Disu was a tax expert, a former director at the Lagos
Internal Revenue Service, and was the Chairman of the 2018 Annual Tax
- She was also an Assistant Director with the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS).
- Olanike was an alumnus of Oklahoma City University where she begged a BA in Mass Communication in 1986.
- She was fondly called Madam Tax, and two years ago (October 12,
2015), her brother-in-law, Mr. Tajudeen Disu, the managing director of
the Lekki Free Trade Zone, was shot dead during a clash between mobile
police officers and youths of Okuraiye community.
She also lost her father, Pa Elkanah Olatunji Kobnah Williams few months after.
- Her husband (Abayomi Disu, 1961-2017) was reported to have slumped and died in July. He ran an advertising agency.
- It was gathered that she had battle a breast cancer, died in
inexplicable circumstances at a private hospital after complaining that
she was not feeling too well.
- She is survived by her two children, Omoyeni and Ayomide, and her aged mother and two siblings.