The magical nuptials of Folarin Alakija and Nazanin Jafarian
Ghaissarifa in Oxfordshire (England) at the weekend set a new benchmark
as £5 million (N2.3 billion) was lavished on the ceremony.From the
well-appointed venue to the special marquee, roses and orchids to gifts
for guests (some flown from Nigeria and lodged in hotels), the nuptials
was a statement in extravagance.
Here are some of the items that set the families of the groom (with
Nigeria’s richest woman as matriarch) and the bride’s (Khosro and
Nooshin Ghaissarifa) by N2.3 billion:
1. One million roses and white orchids at £200,000 (N92 million).
Jeff Leatham who decorates for the Kardashians brought in about 30 staffers to work on the project.
2. 8-tier cake with hundreds ornate white roses and doves at £10,000 (N4.6 million).
Elizabeth’sCake Emporium known among celebrities produced the wonderful cake.
3. Spectacular fire work display in the evening had guests gasping for breath in wonderment.
4. The venue, Blenheim Palace in Oxfordshire was hired for £150,000
(N69 million) for the week as elaborate designs were undertaken.
5. Special marble on the floor etched with the couple’s initials in gold
and a marquee were planted on the grounds at extra £200,000 (N92
6. Five-course meal of barley wafers with cheddar and chive yoghurt dip,
crispy duck egg and Wiltshire truffle, foie gras, beef and sole, guinea
fowl, edible flowers and pink champagne granita and all the expensive
drinks under the sun.
7. Hundreds of guests flown from Nigeria and lodged in plush hotels.
8. Pop star Robin Thicke paid about £150,000 (N69 million).
9. Ensembles for the wedding party, rings and all.
10. Invitation cards and gifts for guests.
These items and more raised the wedding bill beyond imagination…