Australia and resurrected in India has finally shared the story of how
from a heart related ailment which led to his death on Wednesday, June
13, by 4pm in Australia but on Thursday, June 14, the young man was said
to have resurrected around 8am in India.
defect that is a hole within the walls of my ventricle. It is a serious
cardialogical problem said to be common with infants. After several
cardiological examinations which proved positive, the doctors said my
heart was already condemned and the only solution was to go for a heart
abortive. So, I was asked to go for an orthopedic heart transplant which
cost 24 million naira including other expenses. There was no money. We
wrote to the state government who assisted with a little sum. My church
assisted me; friends and family contributed too, my surgeon Prof,
Tamson, a consultant cardiologist who has worked in India for over 20
years before coming back to Nigeria took up my case because he said in
over 200 cases he has done in cardiology, my case was different and
rare. He spent huge sums of money on my case; he used his influence to
attract many Heart Foundations to subsidize the cost of the operation.
could not come up with enough money for flight, and other expenses, the
schedule was aborted. Unfortunately, more complications arose because I
was unable to meet up after hundred days time frame of carrying an
artificial heart elapsed.
June 9, 2017, but the doctors turned me back because I was four weeks
late, and there was no way I was going to survive. So my doctor through
his influence contacted a friend in Australia who had a private jet, and
I was flown straight to Australia in a flight which lasted for 12
hours. On getting to Australia, the doctors there said there was 80
percent chance of death, and 20 percent of survival. When I heard this I
turned to my family for prayers. Before going into the theatre, I
prayed to God and reminded Him of my covenant of life with Him.
as 4am of the fateful, my family was contacted and my corpse was taken
back to India in another 13 hours flight; on getting back to India, my
corpse was deposited in the mortuary, but after some minutes I woke up
and I felt cold so I started shouting and when one of the nurses heard
me, instead of coming to my rescue she ran away out of fear. My surgeon
heard me and came to bring me out from the mortuary. Coming out I
discovered that my whole body was covered in formalin, a preservative
used on dead bodies.
alive. After having a warm bath to wash off the formalin, I saw
everybody dancing and rejoicing at the hospital in India, I was
speechless, the only word that came out from my mouth was take me home.
All through the period I was pronounced dead, all I could see were
doctors on white performing a surgery on me. I ended up not having the
surgery I went for, and after another round of cardiological
examination, the doctors found out that there were no longer holes in my
heart, everything disappeared, and that I was perfectly, okay. I kept
on insisting to go home, and after my doctor in Nigeria was contacted to
tell him I was perfectly okay, they took me to the airport and I
boarded my flight to Lagos.
“My surgeon received me in Lagos amidst tears; he was the one who told
me the news of my death had circulated. In a bid to actually confirm the
report of the doctors in India, he took me into the lab for
examinations, and he arrived at the same conclusion. I came back to
Agbor yesterday being June 14, 2017 totally okay and fine.
when the surgeon told my father I was dead, he rejected the news, his
faith kept me going, the prayer of my Pastors as well as that of my
father, Pastor John Ugwute brought me back.