Chukwudubem Onwuamadike – the crafty, brilliant, deadly and notorious
kidnapper arrested on Saturday, June 10, 2017, in Magodo (Lagos) – is
pleading for mercy as he advanced silly excuses that made him pursue a
life of crime.
In different interviews, the 36 year old Nnewi kingpin
who has five children claimed he was on the narrow and straight path
until certain events frustrated and forced him into crime.
All the excuses invented by the criminal with almost a billion Naira property portfolio are full of holes.
Here are some of the ‘tragedies’ he claimed led him to crime as compiled by encomium.ng:
1. “My father sent my mother packing when l was in Junior Secondary
School 2. He also sent me to be an apprentice spare parts trader with an
2. “After learning the trade for 5 years, my boss didn’t set me up.
Instead, he accused me of theft. And my father now drove me away, sent
me to my mother and he disowned me…”
3. “My mother raised some money, and l relocated to Lagos. In Lagos, l
started selling diesel to luxury buses and trucks at Alafia bus stop
along Lagos-Badagry Expressway.”
4. “I slept at the garage and some friends led me to crime…”
The gang robbed luxury buses passengers
5. Chukwudubem claimed in another narrative that Customs seized his
goods worth N25 million, which forced him to relocate to South Africa
where he peddled drugs.
6. His partner was killed by another gang, shot and left him for dead. He scampered back to Nigeria. And started kidnapping.
The confessions of the ferocious kidnapper are full of holes as he invents excuses that led him to criime…