Chukwudumeje Onwuamadike, the craftiest and most notorious kidnapper
also known as Evans, is still chirping like a canary as Police gather
more details about his ferocious criminal odyssey.
1. The kingpin, his wife and two of their 5 children have Ghanaian passports which were fraudulently obtained.
They used the surname ‘Asare’.
While Evans’ Ghanaian passport had the name Asare Nelson, his wife’s was Precious Asare.
The passports were issued earlier this year.
2. The luxurious home his wife and children relocated to in Accra (Ghana) is on Spintex Road.
3. He claimed the CCTV installed in his 3, Fred Shoboyede Street
residence in Magodo was to monitor strange movements, especially the
Police. And the cameras were constantly checked by his ’employees’.
4. He has different names across the states which made him elusive and difficult to track.
In Magod, he’s known as George; in Edo, he’s Sunny; in Port Harcourt,
he’s Richard; in Anambra, he’s Somtu; in Lagos, he’s Evans; while his
girlfriends call him Mike.
5. He has several accounts in about four Nigerian banks, and he’s believed to have offshore accounts.
The accounts were opened with fictitious names, and some in companies’ names.
6. His wife is believed to have carted a lot of the money abroad as she fled Nigeria.