The management of the University of Ibadan (UI) on Tuesday announced the suspension of all students’ union activities.
The development followed the order on students to vacate the campus.
This suspension is contained in a statement by the university’s head of public relations, Olatunji Oladejo.
He noted that: “The Union Executive Council and Students
He explained that the university’s management engaged with students
“That meeting revealed all the issues that led to where we are; that
The official added that the university senate made the decision to
University of Ibadan students embarked on a protest demanding that
UI Vice Chancellor, Olayinka Idowu, in response to the demonstration,
Acting President Yemi Osinbajo has inaugurated the board of the Nigerian Industrial Policy and Competitiveness Advisory Council.
The 36-member Council, to be chaired by Mr. Osinbajo himself,
The Council, which is to device and supervise policies that will
Full list of members below…
THE MEMBERSHIP OF THE NIGERIAN INDUSTRIAL POLICY AND COMPETITIVENESS ADVISORY COUNCIL INAUGURATED EARLIER TODAY
1. His Excellency, the Acting President and Chairman of the EMT, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo (Chairman)
2. Hon. Minister, Industry Trade and Investment, Dr. Okechukwu Enelamah (Vice-Chairman, Public Sector)
3. Hon. Minister of State, Industry, Trade and Investment, Mrs. Aisha Abubakar (Alternate Vice-Chairman, Public Sector)
4. President, Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote (Vice-Chairman, Private Sector)
Chairman, ANAP Business Jets Ltd, Mr. Atedo Peterside (Alternate Vice-
OTHER PRIVATE SECTOR MEMBERS:
2. Chairman, BUA Group Alhaji Abdulsamad Rabiu
3. Chairman, IVM Innoson Group of Companies Limited Dr. Innocent Ifediaso Chukwuma
4. GMD, Chi Foods Nigeria Mr. Rahul Savara
5. Chairman, Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc Mr. John Coumantarous
6. CEO, Emzor Pharmaceuticals Mrs. Stella Okoli
7. Country Head, Olam Mr. Mukul Mathur
8. President/CEO Beloxxi Industries Limited Mr. Obi Ezeude
9. MD/CEO Fidson Healthcare Plc Dr. Fidelis Ayebea
10. Founder, Flutterwave Mr. Iyinoluwa Aboyeji
11. President & CEO, GE Business Operations Nigeria Mr. Lazarus Angbazo
12. CEO, Jumia Mrs. Juliet Anamah
13. CEO, SecureID Nigeria Ltd Mrs. Kofo Akinkugbe
14. Chairman/C.E.O, AMMASCO International Limited Alhaji Ado Mustapha
15. Chairman, KAM Industries Alhaji Kamaldeen Yusuf
16. Chairman, United Textiles Plc Alhaji Adamu Atta
17. Chairman Candel Corporation; CEO Swift Networks Mr. Charles Anudu
18. Chairman, Rumbu Sacks Nigeria Limited Alhaji Ibrahim Salisu Buhari
19. Chairman, Tofa Group Mr. Isiaku Tofa
20. MD/CEO Proforce Limited Mr. Ade Ogundeyin
21. President, Manufacturers Association of Nigeria Dr. Frank Udemba Jacobs
OTHER PUBLIC SECTOR MEMBERS:
1. Hon. Minister for Budget & National Planning, Senator Udoma Udo Udoma
2. Hon. Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun
3. Hon. Minister for Agriculture and Rural Development, Chief Audu Ogbeh
4. Hon. Minister for Power, Works & Housing, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola
5. Hon. Minister for Transportation, Chief Rotimi Amaechi
6. Hon. Minister of State, Petroleum Resources Dr. Ibe Kachikwu
7. Hon. Minister for Mines and Steel Development, Dr. Kayode Fayemi
8. Hon. Minister for Science & Technology, Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu
9. Governor, Central Bank of Nigeria, Mr. Godwin Emefiele
TECHNICAL COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
1. Economic Adviser to the President Dr. Yemi Dipeolu
2. Trade Adviser/Chief Negotiator Amb. Chiedu Osakwe
3. MD, Bank of Industry Mr. Waheed Olagunju
4. Exec. Director/CEO, Nigerian Export Promotion Council, Mr. Olusegun
5. Executive Secretary, Nigeria Investment Promotion Commission Ms. Yewande
6. Statistician-General, National Bureau of Statistics Dr. Yemi Kale
7. CEO, Economic Associates Dr. Ayo Teriba
Osinbajo appoints Dangote, Peterside, 34 others into Advisory Council Full list]
President Buhari may return next week – Sahara Reporters
The president is currently on medical vacation in the United Kingdom A
report by Sahara Reporters claims President Muhammadu Buhari may return
to Nigeria next week.
According to a tweet by the online
newspaper, Buhari may return to Nigeria from the United Kingdom next
week, “but nobody is willing to state his health condition.”
Before his departure, the president was rarely seen in public for a while fuelling speculation about his state of health.
left the country on Sunday, May 7 after he met with the vice president,
Professor Yemi Osinbajo, Senate president, Bukola Saraki and Speaker
DSS hand over 82 freed Chibok girls to Women affairs for rehabilitation
The Department of State Services (DSS) has transferred the 82 Chibok
schoolgirls, who were released earlier in the month, to the ministry of
women affairs for rehabilitation.
Ever since they regained
freedom, the girls have been with the security agency, where they were
made to undergo several medical tests and treatment.
The girls spent three years in captivity and were only freed after the federal government negotiated with their captors.
of the negotiation have not been made public, but the government
admitted that some Boko Haram commanders were swapped with the victims.
Nigerian Police Arraign Whistle-blower Over False Information on Ekweremadu’s House
The Nigerian Police Force has arraigned one person for allegedly
providing false information to the police in connection with the raid on
the house of the Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu.
Ahmed Echoda was arraigned on Tuesday allegedly providing false
information to the police, leading to the raid of Senator Ike
The suspect, who was arraigned on one count of giving false information to the police, pleaded not guilty to the charge.
Umar Kagarko subsequently ordered that the alleged fake whistle-blower
should be remanded in Keffi Prison, pending the ruling of his bail
application on June 5.
The official Guest House of the Deputy Senate President in Maitama, Abuja has been raided on Friday.
Osinbajo Receives Portal For School Feeding Program
Managing Director, Commercial Banking of First City Monument Bank hands
over Portal for Home Grown School Feeding Program to the Acting
President Osinbajo. See photos below