One-year-old Libbie Patterson, pictured before and after above, had
grabbed the mug from a kitchen table at home. And splashed the boiling
tea over her head, face, shoulders and back and immediately began
screaming in agony.
Her distraught mother called an ambulance and the toddler was rushed to hospital.
She spent three nights being treated for burns but medics hope her face – which was left disfigured –
will not be permanently scarred.
Now her mother, Emma Patterson, 24, has released a picture of Libbie’s
injuries to warn other parents about the dangers of hot drinks.
‘The cup was close to the edge of the work surface and she reached up
and grabbed it. It went over her face, shoulders, stomach and back.
‘She screamed and started to cry. I stripped her off and doused her in
cold towels after I called for an ambulance and she was still screaming.
‘Libbie’s face was starting to peel and blister and it wasn’t a nice sight. They had to shave her head and she was in a bad way.
‘The doctors have said that she will scar on her shoulders but nowhere
else and that’s quite lucky. The doctors said that it could have blinded
her and scarred all of her face.
‘She is being herself now and her skin just needs to heal a bit more. If
I hadn’t made that cup of tea, it wouldn’t have happened.
‘It is amazing how making a cup of tea can have such devastating consequences.
‘I want to make parents aware of how easily things like this can happen.
Source – DailymailUK