A retired Assistant Superintendent of Police, Anthony Kwanmi and three
of his children were on Monday morning burnt beyond recognition in their
house in an inferno suspected to have been caused by electrical spark.
But his wife and one of his children survived the unfortunate incident. They are presently receiving medical attention.
The incident occurred in the wee hours of Monday at about 1:30am in
Jenta Adamu Community of Jos, North Local Government Area of Plateau
It was gathered that the retired police officer was former Aide De’ Camp
to the second civilian Governor of the State, Amb. Fidelis Tapgun.
Eyewitness account said that the fire broke out at about 1:30am on
Monday immediately after the Nigeria vs Sweden match.The building was
razed down completely by the fire suspected to be from electrical fault.
Online news portal, Eagle Online, reported that the last child, a girl,
died at the hospital where she was receiving treatment. The children who
didn’t survive are Theresa, Thomas, Emmanuel and Kerry.