As more confusion beclouds the public plea for $100, 000 made by the
family of 28-year-old ovarian cancer patient, Mayowa Shukurat Ahmed, new
authentic information are filtering out to clear the filthy dust raised
by some media platforms about the fundraising campaign being a scam.
Three days after the #SaveMayowa fundraising campaign was launched,
donations through her gofundme account and her Access Bank personal
account went over the $100, 000 mark .
- Toyin Aimahku’s claim that she showed the medical report to a doctor
at Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) was false as
Mayowa’s medical report was not from LUTH
- Though the actress claimed in her audio interview with Ynaija that
Mayowa was not actually admitted at LUTH and that it was just an
arrangement by the family to deceive the public, the management of LUTH
has released a statement that she was admitted as the family had been
advised to stabilize her condition for travelling.
Further investigation clarified that Mayowa was not at LUTH for
treatment of cancer, but to stabilize her condition before travelling
abroad for the surgery.
- The impression that Toyin made that a particular Doctor said
Mayowa’s health case was extreme and cannot be attended to was not
completely true as a doctor at LUTH said that though her case is
serious, if handled abroad there may be hope.
- There are indications that Aimakhu contacted Linda Ikeji who first
made public the news that #SaveMayowa was a scam, a text message and a
witness’ claim confirmed this.
- On Toyin Aimahku’s return to the hospital, she was not welcomed
because she allegedly acted unruly to the disappointment of the
- Aramide Kashamu, founder of Lifestake foundation claimed that the total money gathered was N85 million not N32 million .
- Because of Mayowa’s weak state, she was to be flown to Abu Dhabi
rather than going to Emory as planned with emails and other evidence
showing correspondence with Flying Doctors and NMC Abu Dhabi willing to
accept Mayowa’s case
- The Ahmed family are willing to get competent trustee(s) in order to restrict their access to the donated fund.
- Mayowa Ahmed’s family are willing to answer any questions related to
the issue for the sake of clarifying questions that are being raised.