today at the age of 53. In addition to being a veteran in the industry,
the talented role interpreter was also a loving mother. Sympathizers have already started signing a condolence register at her residence in Akoka, Lagos, to show love for the family.
Meanwhile here are 15 things you might not have known about the robust
actress popularly known as ‘Omolade‘.
1. Henrietta is a native of Delta state.
2. Her native name is Emumejiakpo.
Her family has strong ties with Mushin Local Government Area of Lagos
state. By that fact, Henrietta was a daughter-of-the-soil.
4. She trained as a caterer before going into acting.
Henrietta first met and fell in love with Jide Kosoko when, the veteran
actor and his group came to show a film around her area in Mushin.
Jide Kosoko re-married Alhaja Kareemat Kosoko and the late Henrietta
Kosoko after losing his first two wives to untimely death.
the loving mother was acting before she met her husband, it was Jide
Kosoko who influenced her to go into acting full time.
8.She became famous in 1995, when she played the lead in the movie ‘Omolade‘.
9. Henrietta had a set of twins, Taiye and Kehinde from a previous marriage.
10. Until her death, she managed her son’s (L.T) music career.
11. Last year, she was involved in a ghastly motor accident along Sagamu-Abeokuta road that almost took her life.
12. Her son, L.T(Taiwo) dedicated one of his tracks, Delta to his mom who survived an auto crash.
13. Henrietta Kosoko, last week celebrated her 53rd birthday.
Sadly, the 53-year-old actress passed away earlier today after she
slummed at home and was was rushed to the hospital where she was
15. According to a source close to the family, she was battling with diabetics before she slummed and went into comma.
May her soul rest in perfect peace. Amen.
Photo credit: Justpyenews