N...

....

Thursday

How A Teenager Lost Her Life Because Of iPhone Cable

A teenager has died after she was apparently electrocuted in her sleep by her iPhone cable.


Le Thi Xoan, 14, is believed to have touched the charging cable which was broken and is not believed to have been a charger issued with the phone.

Police in Hanoi, Vietnam, said they discovered the burned white cable on her bed and say that a tear in the rubber casing exposed the live wires.

The broken end of the cable appears to have been taped up in a bid to prevent further damage.


She was discovered unconscious by her parents and taken to hospital where efforts were made to save her life but she was later declared dead.

Doctors confirmed that she had died as a result of electrocution.

Investigators said she regularly slept with her iPhone on her bed while it was plugged in to charge overnight.

They said the tragedy likely struck as she slept and rolled onto the iPhone’s charging cable, which had tears in it and which electrocuted her with the current.

The charging cable is being inspected, but the authorities said they are yet to determine whether it was the original Apple wire or a third-party device.

In a picture showing the burnt cable, it appears to be shorter than Apple’s original 20-inch charging cable.

See-through tape had also been wrapped around the front of the cable, suggesting that the victim may have been aware of the wear and tear but decided to continue using it regardless.
(Metro)

6 comments:

  1. Very sad,it is very unsafe to charge your phone close to you whike sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't receive calls while charging your phone, don't keep the phone on the bed at night while charging too. Rip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetheart for this tips, some of us are guilty of it.

      Delete

Kemi Filani Blog (KFB) keeps it real, makes it fun!

We appreciate your comment(s).

If you need to contact Kemi Filani
News/Tip Off/Advert
kemisolafilani@gmail.com


Disclaimer:
*Comments on this blog are NOT posted by Kemi Filani.
*Readers are SOLELY responsible for the comments they post
*Thank you.

Designed by Jide Ogunsanya.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...