....

Monday

LASG Shuts Illegal Plank Market and other major headlines you missed today

Image result for kemi filani blog major headlines you missed today

Dear KFBers, we have loads of interesting stories on our Major headlines you missed today feature. Enjoy!

Nigerian Excretes 1410.9 Grams Of Cocaine, Faces Death Penalty In China

The High People’s Court of Guangdong Province, China, has finally confirmed a death sentence with two years probation on a Nigerian, Mr. Ikechukwu Peter Obiekezie, who was reportedly found guilty of smuggling 1410.9 grams of cocaine into China.

Details reaching Vanguard disclosed that Obiekezie, with Nigerian standard Passport No. A50296207, was on 2nd October, 2016, arrested at the Baiyun International Airport in Guangzhou, China, upon arrival from Addis Ababa aboard Ethiopian Airlines Flight No. ET 606 on suspicion of smuggled drugs, which he swallowed and brought to China.

He has, since October 3, 2016, joined the growing list of Nigerians who are detained and serving various jail terms in Guangdong Province, China, after he excreted a total of 1410.9 grams of cocaine at the Chinese Aviation hospital.


 Having been in detention since then, Obiekezie was on August 18, 2017, issued a death sentence, following rejection of an appeal made at the Intermediate Peoples’ court of Guangzhou on April 7, 2017, after he was declared guilty of smuggling the hard drug into China and was given suspended death sentence.

A follow up report from the Nigerian Consulate General in Guangzhou, China, disclosed that, the death sentence, in the case of Obiekezie, will not be carried out within the period of two years if the convict shows remorse, good behavior and if no new crime is intentionally committed during the two-year probationary period.

The Consulate also said that the death sentence will be reduced to life or 10 to 15 years imprisonment if the convict remains of good behaviour.

Hajj Pilgrims Evacuated After Fire Breaks Out In Mecca Hotel

A hotel in the Saudi Arabian city of Mecca, where two million Muslims will perform the annual hajj pilgrimage, was evacuated today after a fire broke out, the civil defence service said.

Civil defence spokesman Nayef al-Sharif said no casualties were reported in the fire, which was sparked by a faulty air conditioning unit on the eighth floor of a hotel in the Azaziyah district of Mecca.

All 600 residents, most of whom had come from Turkey and Yemen for the hajj pilgrimage, were evacuated and have since returned to the hotel, Sharif said.

Aisha Buhari Thanks Nigerians For Husband’s Return

The Wife of President Muhammadu Buhari, Aisha Buhari, has thanked Nigerians for their prayers and support as her husband returns back to the country after  medical trip to London.

Aisha Buhari made this announcement on her official twitter handle this morning. She wrote, “As we welcome our dear President back home, I am grateful to Nigerians and well-wishers all over the world for their continuous prayers and support.

“May God continue to guide, protect and bless us all and our dear country Nigeria.”

 

Two Nabbed For Kidnap In Calabar

The Cross River State Police Command, weekend, smashed a kidnap syndicate that specialises in kidnapping high profile civil servants and other businessmen in the state.

The group, Vanguard gathered, were trailed after they had kidnapped a civil servant, who works at the state Accountant General’s office, at her Ikot Ansa residence behind Mukasam Hotel.

 A police source, who pleaded anonymity, told Vanguard that the kidnappers broke into the woman’s apartment through the ceiling, abducted her to an unknown location, where she was kept for three days before she was released after a ransom was paid to the group by the victim’s family.


The source said: “When the kidnappers came for her, there was no other way they could gain entrance into her house because of security so they used the ceiling and took her, penultimate Friday.

But she was released three days later after an undisclosed amount was paid.” When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, Irene Ugbo, confirmed the arrest, saying that they have two people in custody who have confessed to kidnapping a woman at Ikot Ansa.

 She said: “It is true that we have two people who were arrested by Operation Skolombo for kidnapping and handed over us. Investigation is ongoing because we know there is more to this particular group and we shall leave no stone unturned.”

LASG Shuts Illegal Plank Market

The Lagos State Government yesterday ordered the immediate closure of an illegal plank market in Oko-Baba Extension in the Yaba Local Council Development Area of the state.

The government said the market was a safe haven for hoodlums and posed security threats, which informed the decision.

The Commissioner for Local Government and Community Affairs, Muslim Folami, in a statement, said innocent citizens and commuters were victims of criminal activities perpetrated in the area.

He said the state government, under Governor Akinwunmi Ambode, was passionately committed to the safety of lives and property of residents of the state and would not allow any potential security threat to thrive.


“Therefore, Folami urged traders in the affected market to comply with the directive, just as he warned that those who flout the order would face the wrath of the law.

“Besides, the state government would not hesitate to also close down any of such illegal market in any part of the state in the overall interest of the people.”


Man Nabbed For Allegedly Raping Boy To Death In Kebbi

Following repeated cases of assault arising from homosexuality in Kebbi State, the state police command yesterday arrested two suspects who allegedly raped two boys, aged 12 and nine, to death. The two arrests were made at different villages in the state.

Addressing newsmen yesterday at the police headquarter in Birnin Kebbi, the Commissioner of Police, Ibrahim M. Kabiru, said one Malam Ibrahim Yohana Mudi allegedly raped two boys aged 10 and 12 in Kalgo and Zuru Local Councils of the state, while 45-year-old Dantani Sani, raped a nine-year-old boy to death in Zauro town.

“Sani, from Sabon Gari area of Zauro town was arrested based on information that he had had sexual intercourse with a young boy, one Ibrahim Muhammadu Dangi, who is now deceased aged nine of the same village, against the order of nature.


The offence was committed on July 31, 2017. Immediately after the assault, the deceased started purging and vomiting and later died few hours later on the same date.”

The police boss said the suspect would be charge to court for alleged culpable homicide.

1 comment:

Kemi Filani Blog (KFB) keeps it real, makes it fun!

We appreciate your comment(s).

If you need to contact Kemi Filani
News/Tip Off/Advert
kemisolafilani@gmail.com


Disclaimer:
*Comments on this blog are NOT posted by Kemi Filani.
*Readers are SOLELY responsible for the comments they post
*Thank you.

Designed by Jide Ogunsanya.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...