....

Monday

Court orders permanent forfeiture of Diezani’s $37.5m mansion to FG and other major headlines you missed today

Image result for kemi filani blog major headlines you missed today

Dear KFBers, we have loads of interesting stories on our Major headlines you missed today feature. Enjoy!

The Federal High Court in Lagos has ordered that a $37.5m mansion on Banana Island, Lagos linked to a former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs Diezani Alison-Madueke, be permanently forfeited to the Federal Government.
The court also ordered that the sums of sums of $2,740,197.96 and N84,537,840.70 realised as rents on the property should equally be forfeited to the Federal Government.
The orders were made on Monday by Justice Chuka Obiozor, following a motion on notice argued before him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.
The anti-graft agency had on July 19, 2017, obtained a court order to temporarily seize the property designated as Building 3, Block B, Bella Vista Plot 1, Zone N, Federal Government Layout, Banana Island Foreshore Estate, which is said to have 24 apartments, 18 flats and six penthouses.
The court had directed that the temporary forfeiture order be published in a newspaper and then adjourned till Monday for anyone interested in the property and funds to appear to convince the court why they should not be permanently forfeited to the Federal Government.
At the Monday’s proceedings, the EFCC lawyer, Mr. Anselem Ozioko, told Justice Obiozor that the publication order had been complied with.

Gunmen Kidnap Lagos-Bound Passengers In Rivers
 Gunmen this morning kidnapped 15 occupants of a Lagos-bound bus belonging to God is Good Motors.

The hoodlums had accosted the bus at Elibrada, Emohua axis of East-West road in Rivers State.

The passengers and driver were said to have been ordered out of the vehicle before they were marched into the bush.


Protesting Pensioners Are Public Nuisance, Says Osun Commissioner

The Osun State Commissioner for Information, Mr. Adelani Baderinwa, has accused the pensioners under the aegis of the 2011/2012 Forum of Pensioners of constituting themselves into nuisance to the people of the state and blackmailing the state government at the same time.

The commissioner said this statement in reaction to last Thursday’s protest organised by the pensioners to press home the demand for the payment of their pension arrears and gratuities.

Baderinwa said the constant protest by the group of pensioners was a public disturbance, describing their conduct as misleading and unbecoming of senior citizens.


The state government explained that the N6.314bn second tranche of the Paris Club loan refund  was used to pay the July and August 2015 salary arrears, balance of 2015 leave bonus and the July 2017 salaries and pensions which amounted to a total of N5, 131,680,567.59.

He added that this was done in line with the recommendation of  the Hassan Sunmonu-led Revenue Allocation Committee.

Baderinwa also said that the state’s internally generated revenue was not up to N1.5bn, yet the pensioners,  who he said had  chosen  to be a  tool in the hands of the opposition, allegedly lied that the IGR and PAYE was N9.5bn.

He said the gratuities of pensioners in the state were over N9bn and the state could not   afford that now.

The statement read, “It is crystal clear that the so-called 2011/2012 pensioners group are obvious liars with their incessant political protests, and unbecoming of a retired civil servant who ought to be placed and respected as a senior citizen.

“The 2011/2012 pensioners group are a fraction of those who retired from service in 2012 to avoid being part of the Contributory Pension Scheme.

“It is disturbing and unfortunate that the acclaimed 2011/2012 retires have chosen to be blackmailing the Osun State Government and persistently constituting nuisance on the streets of Osogbo to the detriment of the peace-loving citizens through sponsored protest on the payment of gratuity and not pension.”

ECWA Director Kidnapped, Abductors Demand N100m

There is tension at the National Headquarters of Evangelical Church Winning All (International) following the abduction of its Christian Education Director, Rev. Jen Moses, by gunmen suspected to be Fulani herdsmen.

Although the details of the incident were still sketchy, a report says he was kidnapped on Friday evening between Jere and Bwari on the outskirts of the Federal Capital Territory while on an official meeting.

During the attack, his driver was shot and has been reportedly receiving treatment an Abuja hospital, while the kidnappers have placed a call to the church and family members demanding N100m ransom.

Islamic Group Condemns Anambra Church Massacre

The Muslim Media Watch Group of Nigeria today condemned in strong terms the Sunday’s killings in St. Philip’s Catholic Church, Ozubulu, near Nnewi, Anambra.

A gunman stormed the church and killed at least eight worshipers and injured 18 people. The group made the condemnation in a statement issued in Abuja on Monday by its National Coordinator, Alhaji Ibrahim Abdullahi.

Abdullahi described the perpetrators as dare-devil murderers who stormed Ozubulu Catholic Church in Anambra State and killed scores of people during an early-morning mass.

“This is the handwork of terrorists within the community who were reportedly living abroad but came home for what only God knows.


“The Muslim Media Watch Group of Nigeria condemns in strong terms this sacrilegious and terrible act.

“This crime must be properly investigated and culprits should be urgently arrested before they escape from the community.’’

According to Abdullahi, it is commendable that the Police in Anambra State have useful information on the background to the crime as narrated by the Anambra State Commissioner of Police.

NAN
Gov. Wike sacks all but one of his Special Advisers 
 Gov. Nyesom Wike of Rivers on Monday relieved all his Special Advisers of their appointments except one.

A statement by Mr Simeon Nwakaudu, Special Assistant to the Governor on Electronic Media, said only the Special Adviser on Religious Affairs, Bishop Winston Iwo was retained.

No explanation has been given by the governor why he sacked the Special Advisers.


The governor had earlier sacked the state’s Executive Council on June 24.The governor, who has less than two years into his first tenure, is yet to re-appoint new commissioners.

3 comments:

omolara ajike said...

Thanks for sharing

Sweetheart said...

Kidnapping again? God have mercy!

Bukola Anjorin said...

My dear, Diezani is only fronting for somebody. And I suspect...

Post a Comment

Kemi Filani Blog (KFB) keeps it real, makes it fun!

We appreciate your comment(s).

If you need to contact Kemi Filani
News/Tip Off/Advert
kemisolafilani@gmail.com


Disclaimer:
*Comments on this blog are NOT posted by Kemi Filani.
*Readers are SOLELY responsible for the comments they post
*Thank you.

Designed by Jide Ogunsanya.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...