|Father and daughter|
Encomium magazine puts the cost of the spellbinding wedding around N200 million.
Here are some of the ingredients that thrust the nuptials northwards…
* The wedding office and event planners were on top of their games, with over 2,000 guests pampered to bliss.
* The invitation card (in three sets) and coloured tags for each guest.
* Pre-wedding shoot was in Houston and Lagos.
* Simple but elegant Church programme
* Chinazo’s jaw dropping beige gown, another off-white number in readiness for the after party, and all her accessories. The groom’s tuxedo ensemble. Now, count the attires of the 33-strong wedding party.
* Please, let’s go to the wedding bands, the engagement ring. And don’t forget the inconspicuous necklace of Chinazo.
* More than two dozen vendors pranced every inch of the two halls to attend to every whim.
* Two Landmark Event Centre halls took all of N5.4 million.
* We counted Voix Celeste, Then 7-Orchestra, Veentage Band, 2Face, Olamide, DJ Skillz, pianist on the green carpet, and a few more, among entertainers.
And there were four masters of ceremonies.
* There was a white photographer among those sited recorded still and moving images.
* 5-star accommodation for wedding party, including special guests, at Eko Hotel, Intercontinental Hotel and Four Points by Sheraton.
* Make up artists.
* We saw at least three Rolls Royces, a Maybach, BMWs, a pimped van with roomy interior and a few more luxury automobiles in the convoy of the wedding party.
* One of the mementos was a Bible for guests.
Just so you know, 26 year old Chinazo Isabelle (the bride) is an audit associate with renowned accounting firm KPMG. She joined the company in November 2014 as a management consultant, and was promoted to an audit associate in March 2015.
Before then, the mechanical engineer who studied at University of Michigan, 2007-2011 (bachelors) and Cornell University, 2013-2014 (masters), both in the United States of America, was an audit intern at PwC (January – March 2014).
From March 2014 till February 2015, she served as a teacher during NYSC.
Between October and December 2012, Chinazo Isabelle was a mechanical engineer at Nestoil in Port Harcourt (Rivers).
And from January to September, 2012, she was an associate sales engineer with The Timker Company.
While the groom, Dr. Mekam Tochukwu Okoye is a resident paediatrician at Texas A & M College of Medicine (Paediatric Residency, Driscoll Children Hospital), in the United States of America, from 2014.
Before then, he was a research fellow at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine (2013 – 2014), also in the US.
He was in Ekiti (Nigeria) as a community health physician with the Ministry of Health, between 2011 and 2012 for his NYSC.
Between 2012 and 2013, Mekam Tochukwu was at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health for his master’s.
He had earlier obtained his Doctor of Medicine (bachelors degree) at University of Nigeria, Nsukka, between 2004 and 2010. At King’s College London, he did his Paediatrics Clinical Rotation in 2010.
From 1998 – 2003, the handsome youngman was at Federal Government College, Enugu.