The Lagos State Government at the weekend banned LAGBUS (red buses) from plying the Ikorodu Road corridor with effect from today.
The state government said the decision was to introduce Intelligent Traffic System along the BRT corridor, and that all other franchises, apart from the BRT (blue buses) had to relocate from the corridor.
However, it was a nightmare for residents of Ikorodu, this morning when it was brought to their notice that the red bus drivers and hoodlums shut down the BRT Lanes, hindering Blue buses from operating.
The ban has left people plying Ilorodu -Mile 12-Ketu- Ojota-Maryland-Oshodi route, stranded since 6am. The acting Commissioner for Transportation, Mr. Olarenwaju Elegushi, said all LAGBUS buses could only provide end to end bus services using the expressway and service lanes along the Ikorodu road stretch.
He said the state government was determined to enhance and boost commuters’ experience along the corridor, adding that the present arrangement had constrained the capacity of the BRT bus services to cater for the people.
PLEASE READ AND SHARE
1. Dear All, please note the following changes to @LAGBUSOfficial operations from Monday 7 November.
2. All @LAGBUSOfficial red buses will NO longer use the dedicated BRT corridor between Ikorodu and CMS.
3. On-board sale of pax tickets will cease on all @LAGBUSOfficial red buses. Tickets will be sold prior to pax boarding.
4.All @LAGBUSOfficial red buses will NOT be allowed to drop or pick pax along Ikorodu Road/Western Avenue.
5. @LAGBUSOfficial will ONLY operate express service between Ikorodu and Oshodi. The 1st stop will be at Anthony.
6. @LAGBUSOfficial will ONLY operate express service between Ikorodu (Ojubode) and Obalende.
7. @LAGBUSOfficial will STOP operations on the ffg routes: Owode-Ijora; Mile12-Yaba, Mile12-Inner Marina; Oyingbo-Mile12.
8. All @LAGBUSOfficial red buses will STOP operatns on the ffg routes, Agric(Ikorodu)-Maryland; Ketu-Ikorodu.
9. All @LAGBUSOfficial red buses travelling from Berger to Oshodi will do so via Gbagada/Oworonsoki.
10. All @LAGBUSOfficial red buses operating between Oshodi and Obalende will only travel via the Third Mainland bridge.
11. All @LAGBUSOfficial red buses operating btw Berger-TBS, Berger- Leventis will only travel via the Third Mainland bridge.