A few hours ago, Hillary Clinton gave a moving concession speech after Donald Trump emerged President!Here are the top 20 quotes from her perfect speech:
- “Last night, I congratulated Donald Trump and offered to work with him on behalf of our country. I hope he will be a successful president for all Americans”.
- “This is not the outcome we wanted or worked so hard for, and I’m sorry we did not win this election for the values we share and the vision we hold for our country”.
- “I know how disappointed you feel, because I feel it too. And so do tens of millions of Americans who invested their hopes and dreams in this effort. This is painful, and it will be for a long time”.
- “We have seen that our nation is more deeply divided than we thought. But I still believe in America, and I always will. And if you do, then you must accept this result and look to the future”.
- “To Barack and Michelle Obama, our country owes you an enormous debt of gratitude. We thank you for your graceful, determined leadership that has meant so much to so many Americans and people across the world.”
- “To the young people in particular, I hope you will hear this — I
have, as Tim said, I have spent my entire life fighting for what I
believe in. I’ve had successes and setbacks and sometimes painful ones.
Many of you are at the beginning of your professional, public, and
political careers — you will have successes and setbacks too.
This loss hurts, but please never stop believing that fighting for what’s right is worth it.”
- “To all the women, and especially the young women, who put their faith in this campaign and in me: I want you to know that nothing has made me prouder than to be your champion.”
- “To all of the little girls who are watching this, never doubt that you are valuable and powerful and deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world to pursue and achieve your own dreams.”
- “I count my blessings every single day that I am an American, and I still believe, as deeply as I ever have, that if we stand together and work together with respect for our differences, strengthen our convictions, and love for this nation, our best days are still ahead of us.”
- “You know, scripture tells us, let us not grow weary of doing good, for in good season we shall reap. My friends, let us have faith in each other, let us not grow weary and lose heart, for there are more seasons to come and there is more work to do.”