Thursday

Star Times manager dies in fire accident few months to wedding (photos)


A Startimes Operations Manager in Minna, Niger state named Damilare Oladapo Oluwafeyisan, 35 gruesomely passed away on Monday, 17th, October, 2016 after suffering a severe fire accident from an electric generator explosion.

According to his fiancée - Miss Temitope Makinde who spoke to Tori News, Mr. Oluseyisan fondly called Dre was assisting his neighbour to switch off the seemingly faulty generating set around 12:15am on Sunday, the 16th of October when the device inexplicably caught fire which rapidly spread across his body.

Dre writhed in unbearable anguish as efforts were made to put off the fire that had enveloped his entire body sparing his face alone.



The victim was swiftly rushed to the General Hospital Minna, Niger state where he finally gave up the ghost at 9:30pm the following day (Monday) due to the alleged negligence, inadequate medical apparatus and gross incompetence of medical officials on duty.

Miss Temitope who narrated the tortuous ordeal of Dre to Tori News amidst uncontrollably tears and gnashing of teeth believes the hospital apparently exacerbated the already critical condition of her lover, who was already making frantic preparations to marry her in May, 2017.
"My Dre shouldn't have died at all. No doctor was available to treat him. The available nurses only placed him on drips with no concrete treatment procedures while he laboured to survive in excruciating distress" Temitope said in a heavy voice.

"In fact, you will not believe the hospital had no drugs at all and other medical kits for accident victims. The nurses kept referring us to buy stuffs outside the hospital premises" she continued.
When Tori News probed further about the depth of the medical treatment, she revealed painkillers were administered to him to suppress his turbulent health condition but they proved ineffectual as the patient remained totally unstable.
"He laid on his sick bed scantily clad at an open ward in the full glare of the public after his burned skin was peeled. His clothes and bed sheets had to be changed recurrently as they were always drenched in his body fluids"

"He became an object of sympathy as different people stared at his severe skin burns with compassion"

"What hurts me most is that no doctor was available to attend to my fiancé as he started to die slowly due to loss of energy"
After deliberations, Dre's eldest brother – Tunde, Temitope and other loved ones who were with him at the emergency ward decided to transfer him to a standard hospital in Abuja with improved medical facilities as his resounding cries rented the air of the ward without adequate medical attention.

Their decision was impeded by a bureaucratic procedure - authorized referral letter from the medical doctor in charge who was nowhere near his office from the afternoon period till the evening thereby leaving the hapless Dre to the cold hands of death.

According to Temitope, all efforts to reach the medical doctor proved futile till Dre gradually started dying.



The handsome and promising young man who observed his National Youth Service programme alongside Temitope in the year 2011 at Akwete, Ukwa East Local Government Area - Abia State was finally pronounced dead at 9:30pm on Monday after he lost consciousness.

8 comments:

  1. I weep for this country! A general hospital had no drugs/doctor?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad. Isnt there something we can do? Cant d doctor on duty b suspended or given some kind of purnishment? If things like dis is in place,i think d doctor n hospital will sit up...

    ReplyDelete

Kemi Filani Blog (KFB) keeps it real, makes it fun!

We appreciate your comment(s).

If you need to contact Kemi Filani
News/Tip Off/Advert
08134866321
kemisolafilani@gmail.com


Disclaimer:
*Comments on this blog are NOT posted by Kemi Filani.
*Readers are SOLELY responsible for the comments they post
*Thank you.

Designed by Jide Ogunsanya.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...