When you go to the parties, what do we always look out for? .What’s that special food, we always look for, every Sunday and when we visit our relatives? Yes, it’s our favorite JOLLOF RICE.
Jollof rice has been a major delicacy at every events ranging from wedding ceremony, burial, naming, coronation and other activities that requires dishing of foods especially among youths and and people of the younger generation
Here are ten (10) things, we didn’t know about Jollof Rice;
- The rice cuisine that is now called jollof rice is originally from the Wolof tribe that’s cuts across the Gambia and Senegal.
- The rice cuisine is originally a fish-based recipe. But now, its normal to find jollof rice as chicken garnished.
- The Wolof rice which is now called jollof rice is not a morning meal. It’s an evening meal.
- The major ingredients for the meal are the tomato sauce. It gives rice to its redness.
- Many of us don’t know that palm oil and tea-bush leaves are also part of the ingredients used for the preparation of jollof rice.
- There is a dance that is done in honour of the cuisine.
- The bottom of the jollof rice pot is more delicious compared to the top.
- Homemade jollof is not as delicious as the party made jollof rice because it is over spiced with lots of condiments.
- Jollof rice is better eaten when hot, I mean steaming hot.
- Take note, Nothing can rival Jollof rice not even EBA (some people’s favourite).
These photos of Jollof rice are somehow funny, interesting and cool too.